Skip to: site menu | section menu | main content

English | 中文 | 한국어 | 日本語 | Tiếng Việt

Moses Law Office

Providing Canadian Immigration Services since 1988

Currently viewing: Moses Law Office » Home » Skilled Workers » Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

As of January 2015, skilled immigrants including Canadian Experience Class candidates will need to be placed in the Express Entry pool and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in order to be eligible for immigration. Please consult Marvin Moses Law Office to find out more about the Express Entry system.

The CEC is a permanent resident category for individuals with skilled work experience in Canada. It was developed for temporary foreign workers and foreign graduates with qualifying Canadian work experience. If you have worked or studied in Canada, you may qualify for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream.

The following is a brief summary of the criteria for the CEC through Express Entry.

To qualify, you must have:

  • Planned to live outside the province of Quebec.

  • At least 12 months of skilled work experience in Canada within the last three years – full-time or equivalent part-time, in a NOC 0,A or B occupation.

  • Have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization.

  • Meet the minimum language ability requirement.