Skip to: site menu | section menu | main content

English | 中文 | 한국어 | 日本語 | Tiếng Việt

Moses Law Office

Providing Canadian Immigration Services since 1988

Currently viewing: Moses Law Office » Home » Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program


The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic Provinces – New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador – to attract international graduates and skilled foreign workers to fill job vacancies. You do not need a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) under the pilot.

In order to apply for permanent residence through the Pilot you must:

  1. Get a job offer from a designated employer in an Atlantic Province;

  2. Meet eligibility requirements;

  3. Get a needs assessment and settlement plan; and,

  4. Get endorsed by an Atlantic province.

The following table is a brief summary of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program.

High-Skilled Program

Intermediate-Skilled Program

International Graduate Program

Job Offer

Full time

NOC 0,A, or B

1 year

Full time

NOC 0, A, B or C

Permanent (indeterminate)

Full time

NOC 0, A, B or C

1 year

No need for LMIA.

Does not need to be in the same occupation as past work experience, but must meet the NOC requirements for the occupation.

Skilled Work Experience

1 year within the last 3years – 1,560 hrs. Can be non-continuous or part-time as long as it adds up to 1,560 hrs.

In one paid occupation (but, can be with different employers)



Minimum of high school completion. Canadian credential or ECA report required. (ECA report valid for 5 years)

Two-year post-secondary diploma from a publicly funded institution in the Atlantic region. Apply within 12 months from graduation.


CLB Level 4 in English or French

<Employer Designation>

In order for an employer to be designated for the Pilot, the business must:

  • have been in continuous operation for 2 years in the Atlantic province with good standing; and,

  • Demonstrate recruitment efforts.

    Note: Proof of recruitment efforts is not required for hiring individuals who have LMIA-exempt work permits (e.g. post- grad work permit, spousal open work permit, intra-company transfer), or if the employer already has a current positive LMIA, or the worker is already employed.

<Needs Assessment and Settlement Plan>

Needs Assessment and Settlement Plan will be provided by one of the designated settlement service organizations. The organization will provide a personalized settlement plan after a needs assessment.

For further information please contact Marvin Moses Law Office.

(Since the issues and matters in reality are quite complex, it is recommended that legal or other appropriate professional advice should be sought before acting upon any of the information contained therein. Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this article, no individual or organization involved in either the preparation or distribution of this article accepts any contractual, tortious, or any other form of liability for its contents or for any consequences arising from its use.)